Subject: [dita] The specâs alternative purpose

Meant to send this to the TC, not just Zoe.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: [dita] The specâs alternative purpose
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 19:32:03 -0500
From: Kristen James Eberlein <kris@eberleinconsulting.com>
To: Zoe Lawson <zoelawson17@hotmail.com>

Hi, Zoe.

We know that people other than implementors use the spec. And we have committed ourselves to making the following parts of the spec as accessible as possible to end users:

However, the spec cannot be a user's guide. In an ideal world, the DITA TC also would publish a primer about DITA that would serve as a solid, spec-approved introduction to DITA -- but we don't have the time and resources.

We had a lot of solid discussion about this back when we were developing the template for the element-reference topics. Can anyone help locate some of those e-mail threads?

And Zoe, thank you for your very solid and helpful reviews of the element reference topics!