Subject: Comments from review L: DITA linking

Here are some the comments that came in during the DITAweb review that we wanted to bring forward to the TC. These are not points about which we need the TC’s help, but points where we want to ensure that everyone is on the same page:

  • What ARE linking elements? Do we want to list them? Provide examples?
    (Remember that the focus of this review was a section of the architectural content, “DITA linking”. This section is part of the “Processing” chapter.)
  • What does it mean that @format, @href, @scope, and @type work as a unit? Why is this important? Has the DITA standard changed about this over time and releases?