Subject: Items raised in the review of DITAVAL elements

Folks raised a lot of points during the recent review of DITAVAL elements, and I wanted to list them so that we can go over them at today’s TC meeting.

These are not points about which we need the TC to help spec editors make decisions, but points that we want TC members to be clear about:

  • DITAVAL document vs. DITAVAL file
  • Difference between properties and tokens
  • The difference between DITA elements and DITAVAL elements when it comes to elements that specify @href
  • The fact that the element-reference topics are reference topics, not tutorials or a User Guide
  • The fact that we marked a lot of comments as “ACCEPTED”
  • The difference between style conflicts between properties specified in DITAVAL documents and what processors should do when flagging nested elements