Subject: Re: Content Fusion: How do we capture and store the discussion if we use this for spec reviews?

When I downloaded the topic, I see comments like:
   <b><?oxy_comment_start author="Gershon Joseph" timestamp="20220606T120534+0000" comment="The end tag for the preceding optional element should not be marked in bold, since it&apos;s not new. It&apos;s part of the current, existing spec code." id="xpb_rtb_5tb" flag="done"?><?oxy_comment_start author="Kristen James Eberlein" timestamp="20220606T133717+0000" parentID="xpb_rtb_5tb" comment="I&apos;ve corrected this in the DITA source. Thanks for noticing this." flag="done" mid="2"?>&lt;/optional><?oxy_comment_end mid="2"?><?oxy_comment_end?>

So I do think the comments are getting captured in the source as expected?

--Scott

From: dita@lists.oasis-open.org <dita@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of kris eberleinconsulting.com <kris@eberleinconsulting.com>
Date: Friday, June 10, 2022 at 11:14 AM
To: DITA Technical Committee (dita@lists.oasis-open.org) <dita@lists.oasis-open.org>

[External Email]

I certainly do not see any Oxygen processing instructions when I “Get changes” from the Content Fusion Tasks Manager view.

Can you run some tests and see what the possibilities are for capturing the comments? Off the top of my head, I think of the following (not-so-great) manual possibilities:

  • Have reviewers enter all comments as draft comments in the source, merge the draft comments, build and archive a PDF that renders the draft comments
  • Copy and paste all the comments into a document, save the document, archive a PDF. (It’s easy to get all the comments, but we lose all context; there is no indication as to what content in the document the comment applies to.

Scott, I’m hoping you can find better options.

Owner, Eberlein Consulting LLC
kris@eberleinconsulting.com