Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 20 December 2022 uploaded

Submitter's message
ActionItems:
1. Robert will implement proposal #670 - add @impose-role.

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 20 December 2022
Recorded by Hancy Harrison
link to agenda for this meeting:
https://wiki.OASIS-open.org/dita/PreviousAgendas

Attendance:
===========
Robert Anderson, Bill Burns, Tammy Crowley, Stan Doherty, Kris Eberlein, Nancy Harrison, Scott Hudson, Eliot Kimber, Keith Schengili-Roberts, Kathryn Torriano, Frank Wegmann, Jim Tivy

Business
========

1. Roll call
Regrets: none

2. Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202212/msg00023.html (Harrison, 14 December 2022)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202212/msg00024.html (Harrison, 14 December 2022)
Kris moved to accept both, 2nd Scott, approved by TC

3. Announcements
End of year schedule: We will not meet on 27 December 2022 or 03 January 2023

4. Action items and volunteer tasks
[updates only; see agenda for complete list]
08 November 2022:
Eliot: Review and rework "Processing cascading attributes" topic
- Eliot; sent out a draft of my rewwork of this just now.

5. Review of DITA 2.0 proposal deadlines
https://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/DeadlinesDITA2.0
Stage three
(Anderson) New impose-role attribute (https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dita/issues/670)
[on agenda for today]

6. DITA 2.0 stage two/three combined proposals
Vote
@impose-role attribute
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202212/msg00004.html (Anderson, 06 December 2022)
Robert moved, Eliot 2nd

Voting results:
yes votes 11 (Robert Anderson, Bill Burns, Tammy Crowley, Stan Doherty, Kris Eberlein, Nancy Harrison, Scott Hudson, Eliot Kimber, Keith Schengili-Roberts, Kathryn Torriano, Frank Wegmann)
no votes 0
Kris; this is our very last 2.0 proposal, so we're done with them!
***ActionItem: Robert will implement proposal #670 - add @impose-role

7. Guidelines for editing DITA 2.0 element-reference topics
Topic cluster assignments
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202212/msg00027.html (20 December 2022)
[bookmap topic numbers need to be updated 33 -> 61
- Kris; is it good to break down bookmap into topics and metadata?
- Tammy; we're working on it now.
- Kris; Robert will now give a tour on 'How we work with GitHub'
- Robert; [here is link to recording of Git training on TC call]
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/202212/msg00033.html
- Kris; whenever we make changes to base, we'll also update techcontent.
- Robert; have to be careful; if you update bawe spec and there's an incompatible change with techcontent, it may break this content; shouldn't happen, but...
- Kris; the sub-module here is a pointer to a specific commit, and we have to manually update sub-module as it's referred to in techcontent, so we have to update it whenever we change the base spec.
- Robert; right; this is a point-in-[time version of base repo
- Tammy; so for each update, we're creating a fork; will we have one fork or more?
- Robert; only one for you, under your account.
- Kris; a challenge for two of you, Tammy & Kathryn, will be how you set it up between the 2 of you.
- Robert; importantly, don't edit the same topic under two diff forks.
- Kris; also, when you fork DITA repo, you will see a checkbox, which comes preselected, 'only fork the master branch'
- Frank; that gives you the impression you've taken the whole repo, if do not check that box, so that you can get all branches
- Kris; when you fork DITA-OT repo, uncheck that checkbox; you're not working on master branch, you're working on 2.0 branch.
- Kris; everyone has preferred way of working with github, might use cmd line, might use sourcetree. I can help with sourcetree. Given the way we work - you can't use apps like the git add-on to oxygen editor, it presumes you're pushing directly to a repo.
- Eliot; at ServiceNow, we use Github desktop.
- Stan; what about tortoisegit?
- Frank; you could use it, but sometimes it's easier to do pull requests from website, can be confusing
- Kris; here is a link to more info about Github
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/202212/msg00034.html

Editorial guidelines
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202212/msg00028.html (Eberlein, 20 December 2022)
- Kris; not every element needs, or has, every element in guidelines. It's useful to do an HTML preview, so you can see if your shortdescs are consistent across the domain.
Reused content and avoiding GitHub merge conflicts (Anderson and Eberlein)
- Kris; use @time to store date for draft comments and put name in @author.
- Stan; should we abstract this work and put it out to community, lots of people struggle with big stets; not everything is relevant to every company, but it's a lot fo experienced dita logic.
- Kris; all this has evolved over years of 2.0 spec work.

8. Specification rules around error logging
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202212/msg00018.html (Anderson, 13 December 2022)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202212/msg00020.html (Kimber, 13 December 2022)
Compilation of error conditions
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202212/msg00019.html (Eberlein, 13 December 2022)
- Kris; this will be for the new year.
- Robert; all I need to know is that it's an error case, so just highlight it and lt me know that. Question; should we remove ways, and just highlight them?
- Eliot; glad my answer was useful.
- Kris; maybe we just want a list somewhere with the info there.
- Robert; Jarno suggested an error list, and I'd love to do that, though we don't have one now.
- Nancy; so is this for 2.0?
- Robert; yes, otherwise Jarno will notice...
- Kris; probably only affects base spec.
- Robert; no, techcontent has abbrevform, and it affects that.

Other
- Kris; look at agenda items #9-11 for next year.

12 noon ET close

-- Ms. Nancy Harrison
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 20 December 2022

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Ms. Nancy Harrison