Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 4 April 2023 uploaded

Submitter's message
ActionItems:
1. Kris will set up meeting time w/Frank for after ConVEx to work on LwD.
2. Robert and Kris will work on changes to cascading processing roles material at next spec editors meeting.

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 4 April 2023
Recorded by Hancy Harrison
link to agenda for this meeting:
https://wiki.OASIS-open.org/dita/PreviousAgendas

Attendance:
===========
Robert Anderson, Bill Burns, Tammy Crowley, Stan Doherty, Kris Eberlein, Nancy Harrison, Scott Hudson, Eliot Kimber, Zoe Lawson, Dawn Stevens, Frank Wegmann, Todd Thorner

Business
========

1. Roll call
Regrets: Keith Schengili-Roberts, Kathryn Torriano

2. Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202304/msg00001.html (Hudson, 03 April 2023)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202304/msg00005.html (Eberlein, 04 April 2023)
moved by Kris, 2nd by Zoe, approved by TC

3. Announcements - none

4. Action items and volunteer tasks
[updates only; see agenda for complete list]
08 November 2022:
Kris: Sketch out organization of "Changes from DITA 1.3 to DITA 2.0" topics for base spec
Robert: Devise way to generate aggregated "Rendering expectations" topic"
Kris: Send out link to Adoption TC white paper about release management domain COMPLETED
Kris: Upload editorial guidelines PDF to OASIS document repository COMPLETED
- Kris; completed mine for last week. Robert, if you have time for generating aggregated rendering expectations or to talk to Bill about 24 January item, that would be great. I probably won't get to my November one till after ConVEx.

5. Report from LwDITA subcommittee
- Frank; we met yesterday. At last mtg., we made decision to not pursue specialization for now, we won't include it in spec because of the amount of work needed to get it working, at least not for LwD 1.0. Also made other decisions around metadata; we've inserted metadata in XDITA, and we took out data element from XDITA, though that's not yet reflected in the spec. I'll work up something about this for ConVEx, and will update spec after that. We want to do a survey on LwD at ConVEx; Mark will be present there. We're working on a list of survey questions to ask participants there about their current & future needs around LwD, opinions around specializtion, and what other formats might be wanted. Want to get some consenssus among users.
- Kris; I owe you a working session; you wanted more core use with base spec.
- Frank; yes, probably after ConVEx.
***ActionItem: Kris will set up meeting time w/Frank for after ConVEx

6. Re: Rework of cascading processing rules
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202302/msg00040.html (Kimber, 21 February 2022)
On hold until editors meet
- Kris; although we met, we didn't get to talk about this.
***ActionItem: Robert and Kris will work on this at next spec editors meeting.

7. Technical content review C: Programming, software, and UI domains
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202301/msg00005.html (Anderson, 09 January 2023)
Status of review
Participation: Eliot, Kris, Robert, Tammy, Zoe, Stan, Bill, Frank, Nancy
Update (Anderson)
- Robert; all comments addressed, just need to send out email.

8. Review F: Syntax diagram domain
Opening of review:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202302/msg00056.html (Eberlein, 28 February 2023)
Status of review:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202303/msg00002.html (Eberlein, 07 March 2023)
- Robert; I haven't integrated changes yet, but have a pretty good handle on them, shouldn't be too hard.

9. Review H: Release management domain
Opening of review:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202303/msg00018.html (Eberlein, 21 March 2023)
NEW Release-management domain white paper
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202304/msg00000.html (Eberlein, 03 April 2023)
- Kris; The white paper gives examples of how folks at Freescale were using data element; we don't want to do that, but white paper does give examples.
- Robert; nothing changed from last week, I'm just addressing all the comments...
- Kris; should I do that? so you can work on syntax diagrams?
- Robert; a good idea.

10. Review I: Equation, MathML, and SVG domain
Opening of review:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202304/msg00004.html (Eberlein, 04 April 2023)
- Zoe; when does this review close?
- Kris; probably next Monday, unless there's no other review available then. Does anyone have clients using SVG, equations, or mathML domains?
- Dawn; me, I have a number of clients using them.
- Bill; one of my clients used equation domain pretty extensively.
- Eliot; we developed them in part to support textbook publishers, who used them extensively.
- Bill; a bit of confusion about whether using them directly is necessary.
- Kris; SVG domain was meant for not just SVG, but much more.
- Eliot; there were places where it was useful to have SVG content in your content, especially if you were translating text within an image.
- Bill, we didn't do translation in context.
- Nancy; one of my clients needed it for complex rendering decisions depending on output device.
- Zoe; I'm starting to use the equation/mathML domains.

11. Editorial work on DITA for Technical Content 2.0 element-reference topics
How much "context" to show in examples?
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202302/msg00023.html (Eberlein, 14 February 2023)
Editorial assignments, deadlines, review maps
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202301/msg00035.html (Eberlein, 31 January 2023)
Editorial guidelines
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202301/msg00036.html (Eberlein, 31 January 2023)
NEW AND UPDATED https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202303/msg00019.html (Eberlein, 21 March 2023)
General resources:
Recording of 20 December 2022 session
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202212/msg00033.html
GitHub education that the TC did in 2018
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202212/msg00034.html (Eberlein, 21 December 2022)
Status?
https://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/DITA2.0TechnicalContentReviews
- Kris; what about glossary?
- Bill; I passsed it on to Keith and he was going to push his updates; I can go and check for additional changes, and if so I'll create a push request.
- Kris; he sent mail that he won't be able to do anything till after ConVEx. What about updates on bookmap?
- Tammy; there are 2 more topics I need to look at for bookmeta.
- Kris; so we could look at it for next week? What about the deadline, can we leave it at April 6?
- Tammy; that's OK.
- Kris; what about bookmap structural elements?
- Tammy; we should put that out for another week.
- Kris; so 4/18, in middle of ConVEx. I think I've already cancelled TC meeting for during ConVEx. Is 4/18 still OK for you?
- Tammy; yes
- Kris; there are a couple of topic groups for techcontent still not assigned; glossgroup/glossref and abbreviated forms. I can tackle abbreviated forms, I just have to get to it.

11:30 ET close

-- Ms. Nancy Harrison
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 4 April 2023

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Ms. Nancy Harrison