Subject: Content model changes suggested for bookmeta elements

Hi everyone,

I'm collecting a summary here of suggested content model changes / meaning changes that came from the bookmeta review. I think all of these are good ideas (and credit to Eliot for making them):
  • The bookeventtype element is a data specialization. Every other such specialization has a default name attribute, and uses value for the actual metadata; this one reverses that and says to use @name for the event type. Suggest flipping this to match others.
  • The <bookid> element has a bunch of metadata that might be needed more than once, and should be repeatable. For example, rather than just one ISBN we should be able to specify more than one. The suggested change here is to change subelements isbn and booknumber from "zero or one" to "zero to many". Also, we should add any number of data elements at the end. The subelements edition, volume, and maintainer remain zero-or-one (though I could see allowing more maintainers).
  • The bookrights element should also allow "zero to many" instances of the data element at the end, for additional metadata related to book rights.
Thanks,
Robert