doc-mgmt message

Subject: results of Doc Mgmt meeting

Here's quick summary of our doc mgmt meeting this afternoon.

In attendence were Karl Best, Kelvin Lawrence, Rex Brooks, Drummond
Reed, Matt MacKenzie, Marc Andrue, Jason Harrop, Carl Mattocks, Stan
Swaren, Anne Hendry, Marc LeMaitre, and Jeff Lomas.

We discussed first how we want to organize this effort. Consensus was:
- ad hoc committee is okay
- we should have a mail list
- we will discuss primarily via email, with an ocassional concall meeting

We then discussed how we will proceed with the project.
- we'll start by brainstorming, sending suggestions for requirements to
the list (two weeks), then will organize/categorize (editors), then
prioritize (concall) to come up witha final list of requirements.
- I will ask the TC chairs to send in their requirements
- Matt MacKenzie has volunteered to serve as editor. (After the call
Stan Swaren volunteered to assist.)
- The next meeting will be held Monday, 2 June at 1:00 PT / 4:00 ET.

I've set up the mail list. It is at doc-mgmt@lists.oasis-open.org

Please begin sending in your requirements. Whether you send singles or
multiples please group or title them with some sort of major topic
headings so that the editors don't have to think as hard :-)

Again, my thanks for your willingness to help out with this project.

-Karl

Karl F. Best
Vice President, OASIS
office  +1 978.667.5115 x206     mobile +1 978.761.1648
karl.best@oasis-open.org      http://www.oasis-open.org