doc-mgmt message

Subject: documnet managmentrequirements summary

Hi Karl, Matt,

Here is a summary of the requirements from the UBL team
(taken from the discussions we had about a month ago):

* The ability to archive and natively display HTML documents with graphics
  (without having to zip them up and have the user download and unzip them)

* Support for distributed access to common development source base with
  file access (source) control / versioning

* A capability that will allow the creation of a "public access" portal
  page for each TC that is the URL pointed to by marketing materials.
  The page that's put up for use by the TC is too db-driven and full
  of procedural stuff to serve this purpose.  We need to be able to
  post HTML to a page that serves only as a friendly introductory
  portal to the subject matter of the TC, an area where we can provide
  continuity of TC information (eg. speaking engagement calendars,
  notices, work deliverables)

* Better support for open standards development environment
  (not private by default)

* Working and easier to use archival access
  (still having problems accessing monthly archivals for UBL)

* Disk repository area (that allows for flexible file heirarchy)

* Everything from the old public pages should automatically
  port over to the new public page with the same addresses.

* Easy interface for accessing/managing TC info (not so much GUI overhead)

I think most of this is already covered in items that have been
sent in by others, or was already on your list.

Thanks,
Anne