Mail Index message

Subject: docbook-apps-digest Digest #441

Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: First page of a PDF
RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: Versioning
DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: Best authoring environments for publishing thousands
 of Web pages in XML
Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: Best authoring environments for publishing
 thousands of Web pages in XML
DOCBOOK-APPS: Emacs/PSGML/flyspell query
DOCBOOK-APPS: Special Characters in XML?
Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Emacs/PSGML/flyspell query
DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: Best authoring environments for publishing thousands
 of Web pages in XML
DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: Emacs/PSGML/flyspell query
DOCBOOK-APPS: diffmk and the revhistory element
DOCBOOK-APPS: missing some java classes running FOP
RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: missing some java classes running FOP
DOCBOOK-APPS: Does anyone have the dtd.xml file for the Kate XML
 plugin?
RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: missing some java classes running FOP
DOCBOOK-APPS: how to upgrade docbook XSL stylesheets?
DOCBOOK-APPS: FYI - my 'makefaq' program now exports DocBook XML
RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: how to upgrade docbook XSL stylesheets?
Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Special Characters in XML?
Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: how to upgrade docbook XSL stylesheets?
DOCBOOK-APPS: Character entities
RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: Character entities
DOCBOOK-APPS: Posts not being delivered...
Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Posts not being delivered...

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 05:40:54PM +0100, Guillaume Oblin wrote:
> Hi.
>
> 1) By default the first page generated on a PDF have only the book
> title, but I want to put a logo and a copyright on this same page. And
> have this page sequence: book title (first page), TOC, chapiter1.

You can get information for customizing title pages at:

http://www.sagehill.net/xml/docbookxsl/PrintCustomEx.html#TitlePagePrint

To skip the verso titlepage completely, your stylesheet
customization layer should include this null template:

<xsl:template name="book.titlepage.verso" />

> 2) After is it possible to no write the page number (Like IV ) in the
> footer of the TOC?

Information on customizing print headers and footer is at:

http://www.sagehill.net/xml/docbookxsl/PrintCustomEx.html#PrintHeaders

> 3) And my last problem is that I use a lot of screenshots in my PDF (and
> CHM), and the scaling function don't work with FOP, have you any idea of
> how can I do this?

FOP image scaling only responds to the 'width' attribute
on imagedata or graphic.  And then, it must be set to
a number with dimension, such as '14cm'.  This is not
the correct behavior, but it is the only thing that
works in FOP, including the most recent fop-0.20.5rc2
from 18 February.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com

Gisbert,

We are in the process of building just such a version management system
(although for technical documentation) using Apache Slide.  If you would
like, perhaps it would be best to discuss this off the list.

Cheers!
Paul