Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: need help with passivetex

madhu writes:
 > how do you or rather where do you install passivetex, in fact after goint
 > through the documentation for passivetex i have done this
 > i have unzipped this into my
 > /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/passivetex/

correct, more or less.

 > but sebastian speaks of xmltex which i have downloaded

put xmltex files in

 /usr/share/texmf/tex/xmltex/base

then run mktexlsr to get it all recognized. now you can make yourself
a file foo.tex which looks like this

  \def\xmlfile{foo.xml}
  \input xmltex.tex
  \end{document}

and run latex on it (where foo.xml is your XML input)

 > but the manual is for geeks

who but a geek would use docbook?

sebastian

PS PassiveTeX is not conforming to the March 2000 spec at present. I
realized last night that it badly misinterprets complex page
sequences. but then I bet Norm's docbook XSL styles don't produce
correct XSL either :-}