Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Spanish hyphenation and tilde

Hi,

I just realized that I have the same problem as Ismael had more than one
month ago about spanish characters ñ and Ñ.

--------------------->8---------------
<!DOCTYPE para PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V3.1//EN">
<para lang="es">
        Esta es una prueba de carácteres españoles
</para>
--------------------->8---------------

Same problem with jade or openjade, jadetex complains:
--------------------->8---------------
l.37 ...    Esta es una prueba de carácteres españ
                                                  oles:

! LaTeX Error: Command \texttilde unavailable in encoding T1.
--------------------->8---------------
and ñ becomes a boring n...

I then upgraded tetex (1.0.7), and while upgrading jadetex to 2.19, I
saw:

-------------------->8---------------
Package babel Warning: No hyphenation patterns were loaded for
(babel)                the language `Spanish'
(babel)                I will use the patterns loaded for \language=0
instead.
(and the same for portuguese)

As Ismael suggested it come from the hyphenation patterns eshyph.tex, I
look at that and saw that I had no eshyph.tex but sphyph.tex... Renaming
it had no effect.

Does someone else has the same problem?
Help appreciated, Camille.

--
Get your head off the keyboard and look behind the screen.