Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: DOCBOOK: auto-indent tool, it worksd with tidy

Hi,
On Mon, 12 Jun 2000, Carlos Eduardo Selonke de Souza wrote:
> [Im belive this belongs to docbook-apps, Im cc to there.]
>
> On 09-Jun-00 madhu wrote:
> > Hi,
> > i am not sure about this, since i haven't used it for a long time but tidy
> > has
> > a indentation feature. please check it out  on
> > www.w3.org site
> >

> AFAIK, tidy works only with HTML documents.

it is possible to do it with Tidy ;-)
the trick is to make tidy think that it is a xml document
so do this to your document, just add <xml> at the begining and </xml> at the
end and you need not rename it to .xml or any such thing . and use this command
with tidy:

tidy -i -m -xml *.sgm or .sgml
bingo
only thing is tidy attaches <?xml version="1.0" ?> to your document at the
begining just remove it with the <xml></xml> tag that shouldn't be too much of
a job ?

have fun

hope this helps camille

regards

PS: i have attached a small file for your referrence with out editing out the
xml stuff so that you will get an idea as what to do.

>  On Fri, 09 Jun 2000, camille wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I would be glad if someone could point me to an auto-indentation script
>> capable of formatting docbook source files so that for example
>> <figure id="sources-diagram"><title>
>> The source files structure
>> </><mediaobject>
>> <imageobject><imagedata fileref="../images/sources.png"
>> format="gif"></imageobject>
>> </mediaobject></figure>
>>
>> be rendered in:
>>
>> <figure id="sources-diagram">
>>     <title>The source files structure</>
>>     <mediaobject>
>>         <imageobject>
>>             <imagedata fileref="../images/sources.png" format="gif">
>>         </imageobject>
>>     </mediaobject>
>> </figure>

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xml>
  <!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V4.0//EN" []>
  <article id="part1">
    <title>Select The correct module</title>

    <para id="ch5pa1">This section explains in, as much possible
    details about Modules with respect to corresponding sound card
    .Please refer to your sound card manuals for details regarding
    chip set etc .There is every possibility of a card with a high
    sounding name as A-Z Digi-Alive may have nothing to do with a
    equally high sounding card named Digi-dead A-Z ,Hi-Fi.They are
    basically generic names solely for the purpose of printing on
    the card board boxes and blurb.Also spend sometime poring over
    manuals distributed with card with a good quality magnifying
    glass ;-) ,it should help.if it still doesn't make sense ,try
    to find a friendly neighborhood tinkerer to help you
    out.</para>

    <section id="Dummy">
      <title>Module snd-card-dummy.o</title>

      <para id="ch5du1">Module
      <emphasis>snd-card-dummy.o.</emphasis>

      for the dummy sound card. This sound card doesn't do any
      output or input, but you may use this module for any
      application which requires a sound card like
      <firstterm>RealPlayer</firstterm>

      .</para>
    </section>

    <section id="ESS">
      <title>ESS.AudioDrive ES-1688/ES-688</title>

      <para id="ch5e2s1">Module
      <emphasis>snd-card-es1688.o.</emphasis>

      Module supports up to 8 cards and auto probe -without
      <acronym>MPU</acronym>

      -401 port.</para>

      <informaltable pgwide="1" frame="none">
        <tgroup cols="4">
          <tbody>
            <row>
              <entry>snd_port</entry>

              <entry>0x220,0x240,0x260.</entry>

              <entry>
                <footnote>
                  <para>port
                  <prompt>#</prompt>

                  for ES-1688 chip</para>
                </footnote>
              </entry>
            </row>

            <row>
              <entry>snd_mpu_port1</entry>

              <entry>0x300,0x310,0x320,0x330</entry>

              <entry>
                <footnote>
                  <para>port
                  <prompt>#</prompt>

                  for
                  <acronym>MPU-</acronym>

                  401 port1=disable[default]</para>
                </footnote>
              </entry>
            </row>

            <row>
              <entry>snd_irq</entry>

              <entry>5,7,9,10</entry>

              <entry>
                <footnote>
                  <para>IRQ.
                  <prompt>#</prompt>

                  for ES-1688 chip</para>
                </footnote>
              </entry>
            </row>

            <row>
              <entry>snd_mpu_irq</entry>

              <entry>
              <acronym>IRQ</acronym>

              <prompt>#</prompt>

              for
              <acronym>MPU-</acronym>

              401 port</entry>
            </row>

            <row>
              <entry>snd_dma8</entry>

              <entry>
              <acronym>DMA</acronym>

              <prompt>#</prompt>

              for ES-1688 chip</entry>
            </row>

            <row>
              <entry>snd_dma8_size</entry>

              <entry>4-64kB</entry>

              <entry>
                <footnote>
                  <para>
                  <abbrev>max.</abbrev>

                  <acronym>DMA</acronym>

                  size in kB</para>
                </footnote>
              </entry>
            </row>
          </tbody>
        </tgroup>
      </informaltable>

      <note>
        <para id="ch5e2s2">If you are sure that this is your card
        and the specifications work for you ,you can skip the rest
        of this chapter of card specific details and jump to</para>
      </note>
    </section>
  </article>
[...]

port</entry> </row>