Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: DOCBOOK: Registered trademark

On 21 Jun 2000, Norman Walsh wrote:

> / Yves Dorfsman <dorfsmay@cuug.ab.ca> was heard to say:
> | I'm writing something about UNIX, and want to add the circled r
> | (&reg;) after it. The way I do it is:
> |
> | <trademark class=Registered>UNIX</trademark>
> |
> | But what I get is just a superscript "TM".
>
> [Follow-ups to docbook-apps, please]
>
> Using what tool?

sgmltools, which calls jade and jadetex

> | Is this what is supposed to happen ??
>
> No.

So I should get my &reg; ??

> | Am I supposed to deal with this in the style sheet (I haven't created any
> | stylesheet, I use jade the way it is implemented on Debian. So I guess
> | there is a default style sheet in jade, or a default behaviour in the
> | abscence of a style sheet).
>
> Hmm, that'd be my dsssl stylesheets, I guess. HTML or print backend?

Tried in both (to be honest I'm not printing, I check the .ps file with
GhostView).

So, where is the result of

        <trademark class=Registered>UNIX</trademark>

defined ?? In DocBook itself, or in the stylesheet ?

Thanks,

Yves.
----
Yves Dorfsman                                        dorfsmay@cuug.ab.ca