Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: DSSSL/print: ulink

Quoting Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk>:
> I am not sure. So far as I know, jadetex implements the link objects
> passed to it by jade.
>
> lets see a test file

Here it comes:

<!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V3.1//EN">

<article id="tug2000" lang="en">
  <title>ulink test file</title>
  <section>
    <title>Links</title>
  </section>
</article>

What IŽd expect is an active link in the resulting PDF file (like I get
using LaTeX+hyperref and "\href{url}{text}"). What I actually get is
plain text like "TUG 2000 (http://www.tug.org/tug2000/)".

My observations so far (which may be wrong!):

- print/dblink.dsl just makes a sequence of "$charseq$" with no code
  which looks like a hyperlink

- in the resulting TeX-file (actually in any print output) there is
  just plain text for this

- I get active links in the PDF e.g. in the TOC, this is the reason
  why I expect them at other places too!

This leads me to the conclusion, that there must be first some additional
support in the stylesheets before any postprocessor can make hyperlinks
out of this.

Michael