Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: Getting Rid of Character Entities in DocBook XMLDocs

/ Holger Rauch <Holger.Rauch@heitec.de> was heard to say:
| <!DOCTYPE book SYSTEM
| "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1/docbookx.dtd" []>
|
| I'm not really sure whether this will work, but if it does, it's
| independent of the platform. What do you think about it?

That works fine and if you always have a high-speed connection to the
net, it's probably the simplest thing to do.

I actually use an entity resolver to key off the public or system
identifiers so that I can use the web address in the document, but
resolve the URI to my local system. I'll be publishing that work "real
soon now".

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--