Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: inline elements in tables in TeX

All --

Using DocBook (SGML) with the print version of the DSSSL stylesheets
and generating TeX output seems to be having problems turning off inline
elements in tables.  For example, in a table I have:

	 new user accounts.</entry>

If I generate TeX, and convert that to PostScript, the PostScript file
looks as if I had written:

	 <entry>Use the <command>adduser program to create
	 new user accounts.</command></entry>

If I generate RTF, the RTF file, as viewed in Word, looks like as I
expect, with only "adduser" in a different font weight.  This seems to
be happening with several elements, including command, replaceable,
and filename.

If I use the same elements, but as a part of a paragraph instead of an
entry, the elements are rendered as you would expect in PostScript (via
TeX) and RTF.

The tools:

	DocBook SGML 4.1 / DSSSL 1.54 / Jade 1.2.1 /
	TeX (Web2C 7.3.1) 3.14159 / BSD/OS 4.1

I have a sample file that reproduces the problem with the stock DTD
and stylesheets.

Suggestions gratefully appreciated.
Debbie
--
Deborah Greenberg Lidl                       Toll free: 1.888.849.BSDi
dgl@bsdi.com                    BSDi             Phone: 1.301.765.7945