Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Anyone have comments about sourceforge?

Hi,

On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, Norman Walsh wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> As my ability to make timely updates becomes more strained, and the
> number of people submitting patches to my stylesheets grows, I'm
> With that in mind, does anyone have comments, good or bad, about
> sourceforge or any of the other "open source" development portals?
>
> Feel free to send me your comments privately if you wish.

very commendable but has the affairs come to such a sorry state that Norman
Walsh has to look for a free public protals that none of the big guns like
Redhat, SuSe or caldera for example who have been definitely benefitted from
long years of contribution from Norman walsh cannot sponsor a dedicated cvs
server .
but i am sure among the many respected members of this list who hold influential
posts at these companies have already taken up this matter with their respective
companies and have initiated atleast some discussion on this.
i am also sure that they need no reminder from me (poor) ;-) and i assume i
am very late in thinking about this.

that was just a loud thinking on my part . i am not trying to imply something
or rather anything for that matter

regards

thank you
    --