Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: DocBook list guidelines

/ Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk> was heard to say:
| I assume you're going from DocBook (XML) to Plain Text to produce these.
| Out of interest, are you doing the "XML -> HTML -> Text" route, or do you
| have a processor that goes XML -> Text?

I'm going the HTML->Text route with w3m[1], a very spiffy text-only
HTML browser. From the W3M Home Page:

w3m is a pager/text-based WWW browser. It is a similar application to
Lynx, but it has several features Lynx doesn't have.

  w3m can render table.
  w3m can render frame. (it converts the frames into a table)
  w3m can display documents given from standard input easily.

[1] http://ei5nazha.yz.yamagata-u.ac.jp/~aito/w3m/eng/

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--