Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Saxon and Catalog classes

Hello

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Jan Blunck wrote:

> I tried running saxon with Norman Walsh´s catalog classes. But I run
> into problems. When I execute the following command-line:
>
> jan@magic:.../xml > java -cp /opt/catalog-1.0.1/catalog.jar:/opt/catalog-1.0.1/catalog-apps.jar:/opt/saxon-5.5.1/saxon.jar:/opt/saxon-5.5.1/. -Dxml.catalog.files=/etc/sgml/catalog com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet -o test2.html test2.xml /usr/local/share/xml/stylesheets/docbook-xsl-1.24/html/docbook.xsl
>
> I get this result:

> Saxon is working without the catalog classes.
> Any hints? What am I doing wrong?
>
> Jan
Norman has written a wrapper around xt but if you have to use catalog classes
you need to write a wrapper around xp or xerces etc or your own SAX2 parser
from what i understood from a recent post on SAXON list please check the
archives ( is there a docbook-apps archive) . i guess Norman must be busy with
docbook thingy .
another thing i think DaveP is tweaking around java a bit to do this i am not
sure
is DaveP around ;-)
but isn't norman class jar supposed to work with xt
regards

maddy