Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Chunking qandaentry

/ Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk> was heard to say:
| Any pointers to where I should be looking?  I've taken a look through
| dbchunk.dsl, which makes moderate sense, but I can't find the magic comment
| that says "This is where we decide whether or not to write a new file".

That logic is in dbhtml.dsl, specifically in the function
(html-document).  You'll have to modify the construction rule(s) for
qandasets to call html-document in the right places, and tweak the
functions that calculate next and previous chunk elements.

It's really the next and previous chunk element calculation that's the
severe headache, I think.

| Would this be easier in XSL?

Yes, but mostly because there's more expressiveness in the XPath
language.  You can really write different templates for the specific
cases that you want to be chunked. Things like:

  <xsl:template match="section[position()>1 and name(parent::*) != 'section'">
  </xsl:template>

But calculating previous and next still requires a lot of
concentration :-)

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--