Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: XSL stylesheets: footnotes and chunking

When I produce chunked HTML output, all the footnotes
in each chapter show up on the first chunked page (the
one with the chapter's table of contents and the first
section).  After digging into the stylesheets for a
while, I think I see the reason: <chapter> is always
considered a footnote-processing element, but
<section> never is.  But when chunking output, I would
expect each <section> to process its own footnotes (so
they appear on the section's page) and leave the
<chapter> out of it.  Is this a reasonable
expectation?

Here is some a patch that implements this solution.
It works for me, your mileage may vary.  Norm, if this
is a desirable behavior, can you integrate something
like this into the next rev of the stylesheets?

-M

<!-- html/component.xsl -->
<xsl:template match="chapter">
  <xsl:variable name="id">
    <xsl:call-template name="object.id"/>
  </xsl:variable>

    <xsl:call-template name="component.separator"/>
    <xsl:call-template name="chapter.titlepage"/>
    <xsl:call-template name="component.toc"/>
    <xsl:apply-templates/>
    <!-- <patch> -->
    <xsl:if test="$using.chunker = 0">
      <xsl:call-template name="process.footnotes"/>
    </xsl:if>
    <!-- </patch> -->
</xsl:template>

<!-- html/sections.xsl -->
<xsl:template match="section">
  <xsl:variable name="id">
    <xsl:call-template name="object.id"/>
  </xsl:variable>

    <xsl:call-template name="section.titlepage"/>
    <xsl:apply-templates/>
    <!-- <patch> -->
      <xsl:if test="$using.chunker">