Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: Simple example to generate a TOC in a DVI and aPDFfile

Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> writes:

> 2.
> - Get LaTeX source from DocBook and include hyperref package.
> - process it with pdftex -> you will get PDF file with bookmarks

[...]

> Ad 2. If you want to get LaTeX source from DocBook, there is
> experimental stylesheet
> http://www.infres.enst.fr/~casellas/docbook.html
> Stylesheet is written in XSLT, so you would need to convert your SGML
> file to XML before processing. Including hyperref package and processing
> with pdflatex should produce desired output (but I personally did not
> tested LaTeX stylesheets and whole processes).

Around Xmas holidays I tried Norman Gray's patch to openjade with good
success http://www.astro.gla.ac.uk/users/norman/distrib/jade.html; after
some cleanup I can make available latex transformation stylesheet

This way you can stay away from XSLT and use DSSSL.

--
work : ke@suse.de                          |                   ,__o
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |                 _-\_<,