Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: PassiveTex/xmltex Errors When Formatting Tables

Hi!

I got the following error messages on a SuSE 7.0 Linux system when using
PassiveTeX in conjunction with xmltex:

Runaway argument?
false\else true\fi \endcsname \relax \expandafter \iterate \fi \let
\iterate \E
TC.
! Paragraph ended before \process@language was complete.
<to be read again>
                   \par
l.347

?

and then:

Finish defining page masters
! Misplaced alignment tab character &.
\w@@t ->\tabcellsep

l.126             </fo:table-row>
                                 &lt;/tfoot&gt;</fo:block>
?

This error message is repeated many times.

Then I get:

Table with [5] columns, template lllll, at line 127
! Undefined control sequence.
\doTable ... \endcsname \FOlabel \ifnum \NColumns
                                                  >1 \tabular {#1} \else
\if...
l.127          <fo:table-body>

?

! Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>

l.127          <fo:table-body>

?

! Undefined control sequence.
\E/:5:table-body ...@x {}\fi \@x \ifnum \NColumns
                                                  >1\def \@y {\endtabular
}\...
l.170          </fo:table-body>

?

And so on...

What's the cause of these error messages and how can I get rid of them?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Greetings,

	Holger