Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Xalan error with Norm stylesheets...

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Bob Stayton wrote:

> Oops, you did say you tested Xalan 2 with
> the sample apps and they worked.
>
> Did you test it with the sample XML files that
> Norm provides with the Docbook XSL package?
> That is what I tested it with.

Good idea! I tried right now, but [sigh!] I got the same message:

	prompt> xalan -IN test.xml -XSL ../html/docbook.xsl

	XSLT Error (java.lang.InternalError): null

Please note that I executed Xalan from the "test" dir of the Norm
stylesheet tree. Also, "xalan" above is just an alias for:

	java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process

About the CLASSPATH, here is mine:

	.
	/home/andrea
	/home/andrea/lib/java/jdom.jar
	/home/andrea/lib/java/servlet.jar
	/home/andrea/lib/java/xalan.jar

I tried even with just the last line (but maybe also with the first two, I
always have them), with the same result: everything works fine, except
transforming DocBook!

But I have more of these things: if I try with the "article.xml" test, I
got a lot of exception the first time, and the same "InternalError" the
second! "callout.xml" works fine, and so does "func.xml", "condition.xml"
and "qa.xml", but all is incredibly slow. I really can't figure out what's
happening. Did I run across a JDK bug or such?

> Also, I noticed your command said "-OUT rel.tex"
> although you are using the html stylesheets.
> I presume that was a typo?

Ehm, yes it is...