Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: [OpenJade-devel] Re: openSP branch -- time to killit?

"Nilsson, Peter" <pni@sorman.se> writes:

> > I don't have docbook-utils.dsl, but I tried it on my build (a bit
> > older) of openjade off the head, and I got a wierd message I've never
> > seen before:
> >
> > > openjade -d
> > /usr/lib/sgml/stylesheet/dsssl/docbook/nwalsh/print/docbook.ds
> > l test.sgml
> > openjade:/usr/lib/sgml/stylesheet/dsssl/docbook/nwalsh/print/d
> > bprint.dsl:71:7:E:
> >   flow objects at the root must be all of class scroll or all of class
> >   page-sequence or simple-page-sequence
> >
> This is not weird at all... It's just OJ being more validating. At the root
> of the FOT, you can't have anything but a sequence of scrolls or a sequence
> of either s-p-s och p-s (if it gets ever supported). I implemented it to
> centralize validation, so that the backends don't have to check the validity
> of the FOT (or crash on an assertion failure as some back-ends do today).
> Since it is new in OJ after 1.3, it will probably find bugs in existing
> style sheets.

For those of you on the docbook-apps list, we're trying to render:

<!DOCTYPE para PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V3.1//EN" [
]>
<para>
 <programlisting>
  <![CDATA[count--; count <<= (1 >> 2);]]>
 </programlisting>
</para>

I guess this is a rather obscure problem that it does this when the
top-level element is a para?  I don't see it on 'book' of type DocBook
XML 3.1 at least.

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onshore.com.....<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>