Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Website XSL: strange characters

/ Bob Bernstein <bob@ruptured-duck.com> was heard to say:
| with a view towards explaining how those strange uppercase A's with what
| look like small tildes above them came from?

I didn't look at the files, but I'm pretty sure you're seeing artifacts
of UTF-8 encoding.

I can't tell what XSLT processor you're using, but I bet it's XT. In
xtchunker.xsl, change the xt:document call to look like this:

  <!-- apparently XT doesn't support AVTs for method and encoding -->
  <xt:document href="{$filename}"
               method="html"
               encoding="ISO-8859-1">

I think that will help...