Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Making sure headers in tables are not too close tothe rule beside them

Richard Sharpe <sharpe@ns.aus.com> writes:

> I am noticing that my tables look ugly, because the elements in them are
> hard up against the left margin rule.

What version of the stylesheets and what version of jadetex are you using?
I know that some versions of the stylesheet had the following set
in print/dbtable.dsl:

;; Adam Di Carlo, adam@onshore.com
(define %cals-cell-before-column-margin%
  (cond ((equal? (print-backend) 'tex)
         0pt)
        (else
         3pt)))

But newer jadetex don't need this workaround.  I think it is
removed in newer versions of the stylesheet.

> How can I ensure that there is some space there?

Always set the margin to 3pt.  Then you should be fine.

--
 Thomas André Berger               Open Systems Computing AS
 email: thomasbe@osc.no            Kongensgt. 9, N-0153 Oslo, Norway