Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Table formatting with TeX

Milan,

If you look back in the list archives, you'll find quite a bit of
discussion in recent months about this.  Essentially, the issue is
solvable.  You've already got JadeTex 3.5, which is part of the issue.
You then need the patches for OpenJade.  See:

  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/200104/msg00008.html
and
  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/200104/msg00012.html

Regards,
Dan

On Thu, Apr 05, 2001 at 04:54:00PM +0200, Milan Zamazal wrote:
> I have two questions about formatting of tables with the TeX backend:
>
> 1. Contents of the cells are put immediately after the columns
>    separator.  I'd like to have some space between the vertical rule and
>    the cell content.  The only working way I've found is to insert
>    no-break-space at the beginning of each cell text, but this is
>    certainly a very unpleasant solution.  Is there any better solution?

<snip>