Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Inserting eps or pdf documents into a DocBookdocument

Richard,

> What will it take to get DocBook to accept a PDF or EPS file for graphics?

*All* I use for the graphics in my printed manual are EPS files. Something
like 45 or 50 of them in the file.  Works perfectly fine for me.
Most of them are actually screen shots in Linux which were taken using
the Gimp (graphics tool) and then saved as EPS (for printing) and JPEG
(for online version).

To create my PDF manual, I've used a number of different tools, but have
now settled on 'sgml2x' (http://sgml2x.sourceforge.net/) which is
really simply a frontend to openjade and JadeTex.... it works perfectly
fine with EPS files.

Regards,
Dan