Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Non-SGML character

Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 10:02:41AM +0200, Jirka Kosek wrote:
> Are you using SGML or XML version of DocBook? Problem is, that SGML
> declaration for DocBook defines characters allowed in SGML instance. You
> are probably using encoding (KOI8-R?) which has some characters outside
> from allowed range. You can edit SGML declaration to extend ranges of
> accepted characters or switch to XML.

I will be glad to switch to XML - it is a "future of
docbook" (as some classics said :), but don't know how much forces it will take
in current SGML documents converting. Changing headers only?

KOI8-R does not contains unallowed characters, but win1251, using
in Windows, does. I convert source koi8-r code into win1251 before
RTF production and jade and jade errors.

While using XML this converting needed too. Should it change
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="koi8-r"?> into <?xml version="1.0"
encoding="windows-1251"?> ?

--
WBR, Oleg Amiton