Subject: RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: sgml-parent-document

I did have the local variables in the entity documents but I had it at the
_start_ of the files. Of course it would work when I created the file
because the start of the file is also the end of the file without any
content present. Once content was created it would not work anymore.

Thanks for the help.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Johnson [mailto:mark@phy.duke.edu]
Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2001 12:57 AM
To: Kunath, Marcel
Cc: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

Kunath, Marcel writes:

> I write a master file in NTEmacs with
> linking to sub content... and open one of
> the sub content files and it errors on me:
>
> 	External entity CHAPTER not found

Marcel,

Put the local variables statement in the *entity* document(s), not in
the parent doc file. In your case, you could put something like:

 <!-- Keep this comment at the end of the file
 Local Variables:
 sgml-parent-document: ("index.sgml" "Book" "chapter")
 End:
 -->

at the end of your chapter file named "ar.sgml", like so:

  <chapter id="ar">
    <title>title</title>
    <para>text</para>
  </chapter>

   <!-- Keep this comment at the end of the file
   Local Variables:
   sgml-parent-document: ("index.sgml" "Book" "chapter")
   End:
   -->

The pattern that works for me is:

 *ml-parent-document: ("parent-filename" "top-element-of-parent-file"
"top-element-of-current-file")

(I never use the optional 4th "has-seen-element" entry.)

Hope that helps,

Mark

Mark Johnson
Senior Lecturing Fellow