Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Converting DocBook SGML to LaTeX?

Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk> writes:

> if it was me, for a one-off paper, I'd sit in emacs and do search
> and replace until it worked. you'll not get away with knowing LaTeX
> at all, which ever route you take.

I would have to agree - even if you were to use the db2ps script to
create postscript through TeX you would have to know LaTeX to format
the thing. I had this same problem last year at OLS - I told Andrew
that unless he took DocBook he would not get my paper in the
proceedings (especially as I was *talking* about DocBook). He
mentioned he wanted to move over to requiring DocBook - guess it
didn't happen.

Cheers,

Dave