Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: How to include a file?

ben wrote:

> I want to include a file, whose name is defined by a variable. I've
> tried the following:
> <xsl:include href="{$filename}"/>

Wouldn't you mean including file in DocBook source? <xsl:include>
instruction is suitable for splitting stylesheet code into several
separate files. You can not use varibale reference there, because href
attribute is not AVT.

If you want include listing of external file in DocBook document you can
use following dirty trick:

<programlisting><inlinegraphic format="linespecific"
fileref="includedfile.xml"/></programlisting>

In a future more cleaner way using XInclude would be possible.

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz
  http://www.kosek.cz