Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Self customising stylesheets, or clever Norm!

/ Dave Pawson <daveP@dpawson.freeserve.co.uk> was heard to say:
| >(The suppress-template is necessary for ugly reasons.)
|
| What does it do though?

It's not worth explaining because it isn't necessary anymore :-)

| >The problem is that in order to do this, I had to sacrifice the
| >ability to match both articleinfo|artheader which is probably not
| >appropriate for the general distribution.
| >
| >I should try to find a better, general solution.

Done. Well, different and general anyway. Better, I suppose, is
unproven.

The 1.38 stylesheets, released today, do it all differently and
predicates should work the way you'd naturally expect.

| Now struggling with the 'stuff' between the 'cover' (titlepage)
| and the toc.
| You know, legalese, blurb and stuff.
| I want a <t:front-matter .... or something. Still pulls from
| <bookinfo>, but quite varied I'm sure!

I'm sure there's room for improvement in the stylesheets. If you
describe what you want and what markup you want to use, I'll see what
I can suggest.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--