Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Newsletter possible (help?)

I wouldn't recommend it.  A newsletter is a small, highly visual
document.  Columns, throws, and sidebars would be tricky.

In addition to understanding DocBook markup (which is not tailored for
newsletters), you would need to understand at least three of the following:

   DSSSL (Jade)
   XSL (Saxon, XT, or Xalan)

   TeX ((La)TeX, JadeTeX, and/or PassiveTeX)
   FO (FOP)

   RTF (a word processor)
   PDF (Acrobat)
   PostScript (PS printer or GhostScript)