Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: How do you %indent-programlisting-lines for anexternal file?

On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 07:02:57PM -0500, Brian Dellert wrote:

> > tried this, but I believe that it will work.
> >
> > <!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V4.1//EN" [
> > <!ENTITY programFile SYSTEM "./source.pl">
> > ]>
> >

> It works if source.pl does not contain anything that looks like
> markup. However, if source.pl contains < and > signs, jade errors out.
> I've attached a new source.pl that demos this.

My assumption was that anything that would work inline with the source
document would also work if read out of a file.  This implies that if you
place the text of source.pl directly into the document source file without
modification, you would have the same complaints from jade.  Is that the
behavior that you saw from jade?

Another suggestion, though less appealing than the solution you're after, is
to include a section in your make file (assuming you use make to manage your
documents) to maintain a CDATA version of the program file.

source.sgml: source.pl
	foo source.pl

where foo wraps a CDATA section around the contents of source.pl and writes
the results to source.sgml.

Thanks,
Lane.
--