Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: XSL stylesheets and libxslt - are there known problems?

I've got a few things not playing nice with the authoring environment
I'm trying to setup. Some things I believe were docbook issues, (I've
posted my fixes to the list). Others I'm completely unsure about :]

I'm interested in pointers for each of the 3 problems below, should I
look at libxslt having a problem, or the XSL stylesheet, or the document
source? (The DSSSL stylesheets do process the documents correctly...).

My environment:
libXML - current stable.
libxslt - 0.10.0, with a patch to add doctype to HTML chunked files.
docbookXML 4.1.2
docbookXSL 1.2.9

The problems:
* The article TOC only gets the first entry. The legal section (GFDL)
doesn't appear in the article TOC. IIRC it does appear with the DSSSL
stylesheets.
* xref's are generating errors. I don't believe any are working. I'm
going to generate a minimal testcase for this. The errors look like
==
Error: no ID for constraint linkend: q-mailing-list.
XRef to nonexistent id: q-mailing-list
==
and the xref is linking to a question element. (which does exist with
that id.). I've tried quoting the id ("'foo'" rather than "foo") but it
didn't appear to change anything.
* Question auto-numbering isn't working. As far as I can tell, the
label.content template isn't being called for questions or answers. We
have qandadiv elements, and they are being number correctly. I've tried
explicitly turning on qanda.inherit.numeration, although I believe it's
meant to be on by default.

Thanks in advance for any insight you folk can offer. If you want larger
examples just let me know. If you feel the urge to see the source that
is problematic, a draft version is available as a tarball at
http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/ (Documentation package for
XFree86/Cygwin), with the output I get there as well.

Rob