Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Table formatting

Hi,

Dan York wrote:

> Micah,
>

>> One of my biggest peeves has been the way framed tables are formatted
>> for the tex output - there is absolutely no padding at all between
>> side-rules and the text, which is a somewhat displeasing effect.  I'd
>> been using the 1.3 stylesheets for some time, and just grabbed the
>> latest today, but note that the formatting is still this way.

Well, after upgrading to docbook.1.3-17.rpm things are almost fixed. I
now get space around the edged of cells.

However, if I have a graphic in a cell, I cannot control where it goes
(valign does not work on a cell), and it is butted up hard against the
top line of the cell. Looks damn awful.

Any suggestions? Is this a JadeTeX/TeX problem?
Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, rsharpe@ns.aus.com, LPIC1
www.samba.org, www.ethereal.com, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba
in 24 Hours, Special Edition, Using Samba