Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: FO (was db2latex)

From: Michel Goossens <Michel.Goossens@cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 15:33:50 +0200 (METDST)
>> true. if you think the TeX-based route has any real future.
>Yes, but I want to typeset DocBook (TEI, eBook,...) documents containing
>Math today, not in three years. m

I have mentioned a few times in the past a feature/bug of the jade+dsssl+jadetex tool chain: *.tex is a perfectly valid graphics extension. Using a tex file in an <IMAGEDATA> tag will insert a tex equation in all of its glory into your favorite <MEDIAOBJECT>. I don't promote this as the future of *ml, but for getting math into Docbook TODAY, the typesetting of mathematics is really very good.

--
Kevin M. Dunn
Professor of Chemistry