Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: About FO (was db2latex)

On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 07:20:37AM -0500, Jeffrey Franks wrote:
> I'm a newbie trying to get a lay of the landscape too.
>
> Is Sgml/Dsssl a better approach to produce PDF with less pain?

You can use the DSSSL tools with XML input, so if you already have
content in DocBook XML you don't need to change it.

As I understand it, the DSSSL PDF output using jadetex is currently
superior to any of the free XSL FO implementations out there.  That will
doubtless change over the next year, but if you're not interested in
being at the bleeding edge, DSSSL works.

<plug>And we make if phenomenally easy to use if you're using
FreeBSD</plug>

FreeBSD: The Power to Serve             http://www.freebsd.org/
FreeBSD Documentation Project           http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/

          --- 15B8 3FFC DDB4 34B0 AA5F  94B7 93A8 0764 2C37 E375 ---

PGP signature