Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: About EBNF

Norman Walsh wrote:

> / Jeffrey Franks <jfranks@quik.com> was heard to say:
> | Can someone please offer a suggestion. I'm at a dead end.
>
> The EBNF customization layer; see http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/

Cool!

Docs are thin.

On-line DocBook needs more attention in this area.

However, I'm able to express the bnf, but I can't figure out how to
connect
the description (several line paragraph) to the right-hand side.
Also, the example has a <nonterminal def="xxxx"> where xxxx ends up as a
a *hard* file link. How do I use that? Rendered output might be HTML or
PDF,
so how would we know filename at this point? Or is that a style sheet
issue?

The paragraphs in my requirements example were interspersed with each
bnf rhs definition. How can I retain that clarity for the reader
such that each element definition is associated with a particular
bnf term? Breakup the equation into multiple <productionset> with
interspersed <para> ?

BTW: PSGML seems to be brain dead regarding EBNF :(
     Heads-up, is someone looking at that?

--
Jeffrey L. Franks  (Web)  http://www.motiftools.org
                   (Mail) jfranks@quik.com