Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: docbook xml - paper based outputs?

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Holger Rauch wrote:

> The only problem I've had with this approach is that the ToC page numbers
> have NOT been generated and I did NOT find a way to update the ToC in
> neither Word nor StarOffice. How do I have to do it, so that the ToC shows
> up WITH page numbers?

1. Open the RTF file in Word.

2. Press Ctrl+A to select everything.

3. Press F9 to update the fields.

I recommend pressing F9 two or three times if you have lots of "generated
text" fields, to make sure the TOC is in sync. This is similar to running
tex a few times to resolve all the page numbering.

HTH,

Gershon.