Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Getting images into PDF

At 17:00 25/07/01 -0400, Kevin Dunn wrote:
>From: "Dave Brooks, BCS Systems" <dave@bcs.co.nz>
>Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 00:16:03 +1200
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I've been trying to get graphics into PDF from Docbook.
> >
>Look in the *.log file. TeX will give you an error message when it fails
>to load graphics. Pay particular attention to what directory it is looking
>in to find the files.
>
>--

Thanks Kevin.

For a JPEG I get the Latex error message "! LaTeX Error: Cannot determine
size of graphic in test.jpg (no BoundingBox)."

The EPS shows in the log as <test.eps>

For testing, I am using the following XML, which is processed with:
         openjade -t tex -d /usr/local/docbook/print/docbook.dsl
/usr/local/docbook/dtds/decls/xml.dcl test.xml
         pdfjadetex test.tex

The resulting PDF has a blank space where the EPS should go (taken from
it's bounding box); the width/depth of the JPEG is ignored.

Dave

<?xml version="1.0"?>
   <!DOCTYPE book SYSTEM "../docbook/dtd/dbx412/docbookx.dtd">
<book>
   <chapter>
    <title>INTRODUCTION</title>
     <para>
       Some text
       <screen>
         <inlinemediaobject>
           <imageobject>
             <imagedata fileref="test.eps" format="EPS"/>
           </imageobject>
         </inlinemediaobject>
       </screen>
       Above was EPS - next is JPEG
       <screen>
         <inlinemediaobject>
           <imageobject>
             <imagedata fileref="test.jpg" format="JPG" width="160mm"
depth="120mm"/>
           </imageobject>
         </inlinemediaobject>
       </screen>