Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: DOCBOOK: How to mark up a section author?

Christoph Spiel wrote:

> > Which version of stylesheets did you use.
>
> Norm's DSSSL stylesheets v1.59.

I think that newer DSSSL stylesheets process content of this element. If
you can use XSL stylesheets, they output information in *info for sure.
You can always customize DSSSL stylesheets to proces element in the way
you want. For example if you want to show content of sect1info/autor add
following code into your DSSSL customization:

(element (sect1info author)
    (let ((author-name  (author-string))
	  (author-affil (select-elements (children (current-node))
					 (normalize "affiliation"))))
      (make sequence
	(make paragraph
	  quadding: 'start
	  keep-with-next?: #t
	  (literal author-name))
	(process-node-list author-affil))))

>     Suppressed.  Many of the elements in this
>     wrapper may be used in presentation, but
>     they are not generally printed as part of
>     the formatting of the wrapper.  The wrapper
>     merely serves to identify where they occur.
>
> So, the element behaves as specified, it just
> doesn't do what I want.

Then it is the best time to customize your stylesheet.

		Jirka

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz
  http://www.kosek.cz