Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Suppressing page breaks

/ Rick Bronson <rick@viclink.com> was heard to say:
|   Ok, I guess I'm willing to take a stab at this one...  but do me
| just one favor please, point me to the line/file that actually DOES
| the page break.  For the life of me, I just can't locate it.  I
| commented EVERY line in $component$ and still got page-breaks.

There's no particular line, it's the fact that the components use

  (make simple-page-sequence ...)

Each simple-page-sequence has to start on, uh, a new page :-)

What you have to do is change those to:

  (make display-group ;; or something appropriate

But then you'll have to make sure that some higher-level element
generates a (simple-page-sequence) because you have to have one of
them.

And there are probably some properties on the simple-page-sequences
that aren't appropriate for display-groups; you'll have to remove
those.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--