Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Best tool for DocBook

At 14:54 22/08/2001 -0500, Dennis Grace wrote:
<lots/>

Two points.

I came at emacs looking for a gui free environment for non visual users.
Emacs fits the bill well for that.

I have a copy of xmetal, but seldom use it.
My reasons?

Only epic and emacs allow what I call 'bulk' markup.
I.e. take a block of stuff and gradually make it
conformant to a DTD.

I can't afford epic, though it did meet all my needs.

As for macro's, after using emacs since '97, I finally
pulled the book down and figured it about 3 weeks ago.
I now have two, one for a docbook tag, one for
base para's.

Regards DaveP