Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: best tool for docbook?

/ Dennis Grace <dgrace@us.ibm.com> was heard to say:
| I actually prefer writing and editing in markup, but emacs--even with
| psgmlx and the Windows settings--is a drag. I agree that emacs+psgml (or
| psgmlx) offers a solution, especially for those who can't or don't want to
| work in Windows, but I certainly wouldn't classify the combination as one
| of the "best tools for DocBook."

Which emphasizes the point that the choice of authoring environments
depends greatly on the style of documentation being produced and the
authoring population. I do think Emacs/PSGML is one of the best tools
for editing XML (DocBook or otherwise). In fact, I never use anything
else.

OTOH, when I was at Arbortext, I routinely annoyed sales and marketing
folks by demoing Epic with tags turned on. And stumbling around like I
was looking for a black cat in a coal mine when I turned them off.
So I'm weird. Sue me. :-)

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--