Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: installing DocBook, XSLT support -- try XAE

"Bradford, Denis" <denisb@rational.com> writes:

> Hmm, I assumed that docbook was part of TEI. I had seen XAE, but
> somehow got the impression that it was UNIX-only. I'll check it out
> more closely. Thanks for the correction.

Actually, as Jirka pointed out, the tei-emacs package does include the
DocBook DTD (and an earlier version of the DocBook XSLT stylesheets).
Looks like it also includes a bunch of other stuff, like xslide.el
(Emacs mode for editing XSL), tdtd.el (for editing DTDs), HTML and
XHTML DTDs, lots of other things. I've never installed it myself, but
it does look like a great starting point if you're working on Windows.

XAE does work on Windows as well. One thing that the XAE provides that
I don't think most other packages do is an off-the-shelf way to run
your XSLT transforms from within Emacs -- just by choosing a menu
command or hitting a couple shortcut keys -- and in the case of HTML
output, automatically launch a browser to show you the results.