Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Various styles in one document

On Fri, Sep 21, 2001 at 06:39:17AM -0400, Norman Walsh wrote:
> All that you probably need to do is let your (single) stylesheet
> process different parts of the document in different ways.

For example using different modes, I suppose.  Would it be possible to
define those styles in different stylesheets, and have them included
in the scope of a specific mode ?

That is, something like:

<external-specification id="docbook" document="docbook.dsl" scopemode="foo">

That would probably be a jade feature, as I don't see anything like
the "-//James Clark//DTD DSSSL Style Sheet//EN" mentionned in the
DSSSL standard, but there doesn't seem to be any provision for such a
thing in dsssl.dtd.

Such a feature may be useful ?

> Unfortunately, mixing single and multicolumn text on the same page is
> not possible with DSSSL.

If I'm not completely wrong, it should possible with a page-sequence
sosofo, but this is part of an optional set of DSSSL features, which
is not supported by (open)jade ATM.

--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Free-Software Engineer				      Ingénieur Logiciel-Libre